Life expectancy has increased dramatically this century, raising challenges regarding ways to live happier, healthier and richer lives. Studies of centenarians indicate that as much as 70% of longevity is related to psychological features and lifestyle choices. Defy Aging is a unique groundbreaking book that leaves behind conventional thinking and gives a map for living longer, richer, fuller lives. A visionary manifesto for constructive beliefs, positive attitudes, and happier lifestyles.
- Discuss current and future changes in life expectancy.
- Identify the ten warning signs of mental longevity.
- Discuss the recent biomedical and behavioral research related to enhanced longevity and quality of life.
- Discuss how to promote longer and healthier lives through building positive emotional and lifestyle skills.
Table of Contents
- 1. You Are Going to Live Longer–Will You Choose to Live Well?
- 2. Test Your Mental Longevity
- 3. Who Will Live to 150 or Longer?
- 4. 36 Beliefs That Foster Your Longevity
- 5. How to Change Beliefs
- 6. The Be-attitudes: Optimism, Gratitude, Dealing with It, and Embracing Lifelong Learning and Change
- 7. A Lifetime of Mission and Purpose
- 8. Married for a Hundred Years?
- 9. Sex
- 10. Outliving Friends and Family
- 11. Time and Change
- 12. Eating and Drinking and Common Sense
- 13. Supplemental Vitamins, Minerals, and Hormones
- 14. Fitness: Emotional vs. Outcome-based Choices
- 15. Managing Risks–A Chain is Only as Strong as its Weakest Link
- 16. Finances for a Long Lifetime
- 17. The Evidence for Living 150 Years
- Defy Aging Beliefs
- Example of a Comprehensive Mission Statement
- My Obituary (Sometime after 2095)
About the Author
Michael Brickey, PhD, is a licensed psychologist, life coach, trainer, and author who conducts psychotherapy, consultation, and public speaking. Board certified by the American Board of Professional Psychology, Dr. Brickey is also a Fellow of the American Psychological Association.
Dr. Brickey is the Editor of the Independent Practitioner and author of Defy Aging. Dr. Brickey serves on the medical staff of several hospitals. The central theme of this life and his work has been finding ways to help people live fuller, happier, healthier lives.
This CE Course is designated as intermediate to advanced.